Dancers' Locker 2021 Post-Performance Dialogue
Elemental Beings distils basal elements of human existence to find an embodiment of a more primal state. Set to an evocative original score by Ecuadorean music composer, Omar Khalife, and immersive atmosphere crafted by local lighting designer, Liu Yong Huay Faith, look forward to an intimate sensorial experience that invites introspective connections to each of our own bodies.
Dancers' Locker 2021 Post-Performance Dialogue will take place online via Zoom Meeting. Admission is free. Register now by clicking "Get Ticket".
Kindly note that:
- Dancers' Locker 2021 Post-Performance Dialogue does not include an online screening of the performance. Attendees are encouraged to watch the live performance that will take place at Aliwal Arts Centre Multi-Purpose Hall from 3 to 5 June 2021. Tickets can be purchased here.
- For attendees who watched the live performance of Dancers' Locker 2021 prior to the Post-Performance Dialogue, you can share questions for the Q&A via the Survey Form after the performance or the Zoom chat function during the dialogue session. We would be happy to address your questions and engage in further discussion.
- Details to join the Zoom Meeting will be shared upon registration.
Support Frontier Danceland
Dancers' Locker 2021 Post-Performance Dialogue is presented free of charge but donations are welcomed. If you have the means, do consider making a contribution to Frontier Danceland in support of our programme of performances (live and digital), residencies, classes and other contemporary dance activities.
A tax-deductible donation* can be made via the following:
Choose or enter donation amount
Log in with Facebook or sign up for a Giving.sg account to complete donation process
- PayNow via Unique Entity Number (UEN)
Enter UEN No. "201127710M" (You will see Entity Name as Frontier Danceland Ltd.)
Enter donation amount
Enter "Your Name" in the UEN / Bill Reference No. (Optional; this will allow us to trace your donation)
Click Next to complete donation process
Mail cheque to 90 Goodman Road, Goodman Arts Centre, Block M, #02-51, Singapore 439053
* Frontier Danceland is a registered Charity in Singapore with Institute of Public Character status. There is a minimum donation of $10 to qualify for tax deduction.
About Dancers' Locker
Past editions of Dancers’ Locker served as a creative platform for Frontier Danceland’s company artists to explore choreography of a live performance, working towards the presentation of short works in intimate settings of Frontier Danceland studio at Stamford Arts Centre, Goodman Arts Centre and Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre Roof Garden. The 2020 edition saw the experimentation of performance and choreography through the audio-visual medium of film as mediated through the screen.
About Frontier Danceland
Frontier Danceland is a non-profit, professional contemporary dance repertory company established in 1991 by co-founders Mr. Tan Chong Poh, and Cultural Medallion recipient and Artistic Director, Ms. Low Mei Yoke. The company is committed to raising the level of contemporary dance in Singapore through the creation and presentation of unique, bold and thought-provoking dance works that are not limited to a singular style or form. In addition to art-making, the company is dedicated to dance education and outreach, with the aim of bringing contemporary dance to a wider audience.
Frontier Danceland has worked with both local and international dance-makers including Noa Zuk, Ohad Fishof and Shahar Binyamini (Israel), Richard Chappell and Deborah Nightingale (United Kingdom), Stephanie Lake and Luke Smiles (Australia), Edouard Hue and Thomas Lebrun (France), Sita Ostheimer (Germany), Sascia Pellegrini (Italy), Matej Kejzar (Belgium/Slovenia), Liu Yen-Cheng and Tung I-Fen (Taiwan), and Victor Ma Choi-Wo (Hong Kong).
Throughout the years, Frontier Danceland has represented Singapore internationally, including three sold-out shows at Batsheva Dance Company in Tel Aviv (Israel), Kuandu Arts Festival (Taiwan), 25th Quinzena De Dançe De Almada – International Dance Festival (Portugal), Festival Tour d'Horizons (France) and Dance in the City (Belgium/Germany).
For any enquiries, email email@example.com or call 6336 1526.